PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wedding

I curled her locks
Untitled
and for the first time asked her to zip my dress.
Untitled
I let her blink blink on some mascara
wedding-1
and circled her cheek apples with pink.
wedding-3
Chasing her brother,
wedding-4
"Do you think I look pretty?" she squealed.
wedding-5
And suddenly she was seventeen it seemed.
wedding-6
Ankles turned in, bug bitten armpit and all.
wedding-8
It was months of previewing appropriate flower girl behavior on YouTube, brainstorming any and all rewards otherwise known as bribes for a successfully tear-free trek, 
wedding-9
this afternoon celebrating our dear cousin was much anticipated 
and much outside my sweet little introvert's comfort zone.
wedding-11
But pretty little girl took it all in stride,
wedding-12
even seemed to relish her special shining time.
wedding-13
wedding-16
And our prayers were answered,
wedding-21
her momma
wedding-17
and her daddy might've been a little proud,
wedding-20
because she made it down the aisle.
wedding-19
And married they were.
wedding-22
wedding-23
wedding-24
wedding-25
wedding-26
wedding-27


It's a special thing mommying her,
wedding-28
remembering the way I loved my momma and grandmomma as a little girl
wedding-29
they were so warm and cuddly and safe and lovely
wedding-30
and now even more so.

And so,
wedding-32
proudly giddy,
wedding-33
we went off to celebrate.
wedding-49
wedding-48
wedding-46

wedding-34
wedding-37
wedding-40
The beautiful mother of the bride.
wedding-54
And my like-none-other Uncle Doug.

I told my hubs this morning, I want El to wed in love
wedding-43
like these two.
wedding-45
They're a special kind of love.
wedding-50
wedding-51
wedding-44
Happy wedding, Katie + Matt.
We love you.
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...