PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 15, 2013

Simple

In our society of flashing and dashing,
simple-2
simple joys are some of the rarest gems.
simple-4

I've been working hard to slow down these days,
teaching my children to soak in the beauty,
thankfulness for even the smallest gifts,
simple-1
engaging more deeply,
explaining more throughly,
simple-3
working alongside rather than around my children.

My little four year-old girl is getting less little by the day
and there's just so much I want her to learn at home. 

It's not easy to 
pass up just going to prioritize present living,
looking for chances to model the peace I so long to impart.
There will be plenty of years of schedules and activities and busyness,
and not many more of the learning and growing simply at home.
And one way I've been trying lately around here was found here

chores
We're trying to make some room to live a simpler life despite our complex culture;
it's not an easy task.
But we're trying
and
believing
the simple endeavors bring the most glorious joys.
simple-5

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...