I don't even know how long I've wanted to revisit this place.
Last year I loaded up the kiddos, packed up the car and made the trek out
only to realize it was closed.
So this year,
I was extra determined.
Never mind that I believe it was the hottest day of the year.
It's the kind of place where the dirt billows from the gravel roads and the sweet hay aroma renews the spirit within the first few moments of arrival.
So, sunscreen slathered and sweat soaked,
grubby fingers plucked
and plopped straight past puckered lips.
We didn't last too long in the rows,
just enough to capture the sweet moments
and memorize the firsts
before the most favorite event,
the picnic.
But before we left,
rounding up our dollars,
rounding up our dollars,
(and after a few in particular mustering up their courage)
we finale-ed the morning with a train ride
that couldn't have gotten more down-home.
You woulda thought it was a death-defying roller coaster listening to the squeals that commenced.
And so, the day amidst the berries?
Totally sweet.



























No comments:
Post a Comment