PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 5, 2013

4th


I'm blogging again.
Fam-20
Fam-1
I realized today the last month was the least blogged month ever in over two years.
Fam-16
Wow.
Fam-17
Not that each day hasn't been full of sweet sayings and cherished firsts and notable routines and memorable valleys,
Fam-18
it's just that the 
hampers and dishwashers and reading and schedules and photography-ing and editing and 
dailyness
Fam-19
has taken up just a little more time lately.
Fam-5
Fam-21

Oh,
and my three children.
Fam-22
I'd love to blog a little upcoming about some lessons we're learning, I'm learning, we're practicing, we're living,
Fam-23
but,
in the meantime, 
I'm learning to be peaceful, present.
Fam-24

It's a
busy
good
season.
Fam-6

However,
Fam-4
this weekend was carved out for a little more down time,
Fam-3
kicked off with the 4th and a day of fishing and picnic-ing and swimming and relaxing.
Fam-2
Fam-7
Four generations pond side with just as many catfish caught.
Fam-9
One just might have flopped out on my leg on accident.
Fam-10
Slapped me with its slimy, scaly flippy self. 
Fam-11
I couldn't have hated it more.
Fam-12
And I scared my children half-to-death with my shrieks
Fam-15
and then spent the rest of the afternoon back-pedaling with strategic remarks on how fun this surprise was so as not to scar them for the rest of their existence.
Fam-13
I'm not sure how successful my attempts were.
Fam-14


And the picnic-ing was no less than delicious,
Fam-25
grilled meats and freshness.
Fam-26
It doesn't hurt to have some foodies around.
Fam-28
Fam-29
Fam-30
Fam-31

And the swimming?
Fam-32
It was loud and wet and spitty and exhausting.
Fam-33
Just as we grownups planned.
Fam-34
Fam-35
Fam-36
So that an early bedtime prevailed and the rest of the evening was spent kicking back with free flowing drinks and rich conversation.
Fam-37
Fam-38

(Follow me on Instagram to catch an outtake of the holy dialogue: Allisoncorrin )

Fam-43
But before bedtime,
Fam-39
pajama-clad and all,
Fam-41
we popped a few poppers
Fam-40
just for the surprise faces
Fam-42
and memories.

Thus,
Fam-44
another successful celebration.
Fam-46
One that even (surprisingly enough these days) got blogged.

Photobucket


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPECTACULAR! This deserves it's own coffee table album!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...