We gathered around a beautiful woman last night,
chatted and munched,
toasted and gifted,
and shared wise words for a lasting love.
Lovely and gracious and glowing and ready,
she's about to embark on this crazy thing called marriage in just mere days now;
she's found her man and loves him well.
They've seen much already and face the future hand in hand.
and with many heroic women I know trail-blazing more years than combined I can number,
I'm realizing just how miraculous this commitment has to be to last;
It just doesn't plain make sense otherwise
to fully embrace and deeply love,
to successfully partner-up beside
to successfully partner-up beside
such imperfection embodied
for much longer than,
well,
really an hour.
Tops.
Swept away romance?
Heart-stopping passion?
Giggles and flirting and kisses and fun?
Oh that's blissful,
but like the sand it slips away so quickly,
whether through unforeseen difficulty or life's unfair blows or simply the laborious daily grind
and
our human hands are left turned upwards
humbled,
prayerful,
receiving the same cleansing forgiveness,
all-encompassing grace,
that washes over
and seeps right back into
this crazy, amazing, devastating, glorious, tricky, wonderful, passionate, beautiful, rewarding
miracle
called marriage.






















1 comment:
Hi Miss Allison! So glad to know you have a blog too! I just posted pics from our photoshoot with you on our blog! Thanks again!
Ashley Brown
http://scarlettmoonblog.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment