We've all been there before,
regardless of age, gender or pursuit.
The preparation is just about complete,
the anticipation taking over,
and now, just the heartbeat of lasting until the fulfillment.
I remember it as a student counting down until recess,
an eighteen year-old senior until adulthood,
a collegiate until the job offer,
the fiance until I could wear my beautiful white dress
and wake up next to my husband
and now,
even though I've been through this a few times before,
(and as I told my own mother yesterday, you would think I would understand by now what I had signed up for with this whole pregnancy thing...)
I wait a little less than patiently to meet my son.
It's a time blooming with lessons and parallels,
although my anxious excitement is a little less than spiritual much (most?) of the time these days.
Precious moments with a little smaller brood to care for,
cherished times with T as my baby.
And so, to help pass this waiting time,
(My momma and grandma. The most amazing women. Amazing people.)
And having two grandmas to watch the littles
gave us a few kick back moments of our own.
Our littles are warming up to the water slowly this summer,
Still appreciative of the shelf my belly creates for them to perch on.
Very appreciative of the many arms more than willing to float them around.
But they're getting their fish on...
Oh, T, do you have any idea what's in store for you soon?
That's okay,
I probably don't either.














1 comment:
I totally get this about waiting.
I was just telling a friend the other day that we are all in a season of waiting no matter where we are.
There is always something worth waiting for.
Post a Comment