Before I begin sharing pictures,
perhaps I should clearly clarify that these are from
16 months ago.
As in,
not
of my new baby boy,
who is
still
quite comfortably
(at least more comfortably for him than me)
cooking in my tummy
for about five more weeks.
Thank the Lord.
So this post,
these pictures are just a flashback post.
However, now that I've clarified that,
I've realized it's been quite a space since I've posted last.
Most of that has been due to busyness with things like this which is just so fun.
You should see me chasing toddlers and contorting for just the right angle these days.
It brings some real smiles.
But that's good.
And I love it.
But also, this delay, this space of posting is due to the anticipation and weariness of counting down to our newest addition.
See,
I've been thinking a lot about my son's arrival,
16 months ago.
Two moments, I'll never, ever let fade,
the moment right before this.
Looking to my right shoulder, just a few inches from me, breathing my husband in and flinching against the mighty fear of knowing everything was just about here.
The prayer he prayed into me.
The might of that moment.
And,
that moment I met him.
Him and his blonde hair.
His weight,
his sinking into me.
Beautiful.
The weight of this moment, simply beautiful.
It's any momma's prerogative, but still so fresh these are stamped, tattooed, forever embedded.
And, oh, then,
when our daughter came to meet him.
The gift God gave her.
Someone to share the beauty of life with,
and experience her parents' imperfections with.
Someone to trust
and learn from.
That day was so very much complete,
that day.
But,
oh how we've been blessed.
Baby boy within,
stay cozy, stay comfy,
but
oh how we've been blessed.
Baby boy within,
stay cozy, stay comfy,
but
my heart is so full
with what is to come
with life
with you.
with life
with you.
Hospital family pictures are from our dear friend Audrey.













No comments:
Post a Comment