PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Girl


Yesterday was girl day.
besties
Packed up the babes and shipped 'em off.

Okay, not really.
Just had a Mary Poppins take care of them for the day.
And, okay, I kinda felt like I was missing something, like my everything, all day.
But, really, it was pretty awesome at the same time.
Especially the fact that for about four hours, I stayed spit-up free.
dressy
Not gonna lie, I felt like a girl again. It was nice.

It started with brunch.
brunch
With a toast to begin and a bottle of champagne as the item designating whose turn it was to talk.
It's true. We passed it around and took turns.
We're teachers. We just have to do things like that.

And then shopping.
shopping
For post-baby body clothes.
Yikes.
Things change....but I won't go there.

And, finally, my first ever beautifyin' project.
rehabin
Turned out pretty sweet, I think.

final
This girl seems to approve at least.
littlegirl
Overall, my girl day, loved it.
But I sure didn't mind too much comin' home to my sweet things.
momma




16 comments:

audrey said...

that boy is getting so big!! looks like you guys had fun!

rickyandangiemac said...

what a great group of girls! and love the dresser, adorable!

i was in kc in june & jazzercised with pambram every day, i can't believe i missed you every time! next time around!

The Richards! said...

the dresser turned out AMAZING!! I love the bright colors :)

Unknown said...

Love that dresser! So cute! Looks like a fun day!

Ashley said...

you all are adorable! and the dresser is incredibly fun. great job!

Unknown said...

FUN!!!! FUN!!!!

I love the dresser!!

Amber said...

so fun! the dresser looks awesome and that last picture is beautiful!!

Aimee said...

I saw the picture of that dresser and thought, I need to follow this blog. Seriously LOVE that dresser-so cute! A lot of great pics. Looks like you had a great time!

Wendy said...

Awww... what fabulous day! Looks like you have a wonderful time with the girls, which is so important when life gets busy!

emily anderson said...

what a fun day! glad you got time to yourself :)

love the dresser...and i really love that pillow sitting right next to it...the colors are awesome!

Danett said...

Found you from Emily's blog. I love your blog! And the last pic of you and your kiddos... adorable!

hayley/tiny twig said...

LOVE that dresser...the wood with the bright colors is darling. :) and what a fun night out.

Michelle said...

WOW! You take amazing pictures! And I'm totally jealous of your girls night out (can't remember the last time I had one of those! ha!). The dresser is pretty sweet-looking...great job.

Also, I'm loving the fact that you have a girl AND a new baby boy...because that soon will be my family dynamic, too (I'm 38 weeks preggo with our 2nd child and it's a BOY!).

Found you via Emily's blog, btw. SO glad to have stumbled upon it!!

Amanda said...

great dresser! you did a great job "beautifyin'" :)

Jenna Cox said...

ADORABLE embrace pictures!

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE those pictures! And your outfit? Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...