PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Confessions

Confessions.
There's lots of different kinds.
The embarrassing kind.
Like when I went on a hunt for this window frame to hang in my daughter's room with a brand new friend and our hubbys.
frame
And scavenged an antique store for the first time, ever.
And as we perused, I found it. Just what I had been looking for.
"How much?" I inquired.
"Two-forty-nine" replied the grayed soul.
My heart dropped.
"Oh my. Well, that's definitely way out of my price range." I quickly responded.
And, mortified, scurried off.
Of course. What could I expect from an antique store.
I had heard the treasures were hidden here but this was the epitome of why I couldn't shop them.
Defeated and irritated, I rushed my posse out the door.
And as I recounted the encounter to my new friends, they interrupted me as we stepped out the door.
"Are you sure he didn't mean, two dollars and forty nine cents?" They quite slowly asked me, obviously not wanting to offend.
"No. No no. I'm sure he meant two hundred and forty nine dollars. Of course."
"Hmmm. Do you think we should go ask just to make sure?" They pressed me ever so politely. "Well, I can, but surely that's what he meant..." I started doubting.
And so, again, more mortified than before, I timidly returned.
"Um, sir, what did you mean by two forty nine?"
"Two dollars and forty nine cents." The man stated, confused or frustrated or enjoying my complete humiliation, I'm not really sure. And I really don't care because I will not be showing my face in there again.
"Oh. Well, I'll take it then."
And so it is mine now.
And will be hung in my little girl's room upon cleaning.
quiver
She'll love it.
And along the lines of cleaning.
And continuing with confessions.
There's also the really shameful confessions.
Like the perpetual state of my laundry room.
before

Until today.

after
Today was shape up day.
I confess, I've been in a bit of a rut and bounced out of it today.
See before I took care of the mess above,
I drove the city looking for new photo shoot locations.
real
And, I confess, I did get lost.
In a city I've always called home.
I came home,
I washed and folded laundry, wiped, scrubbed, vacuumed and disinfected the counters, floors and toilets.
I even bathed the boy.
With a little help, I confess.
bath
Everything, counters, floors, toilets, boy, they were in need.
Trust me.
See, this blog is about confessions.
In more ways than one, really.
See, I came across this post in blogland the other night.
And read this passage more than once.

"He makes no mistakes; He never gives second best. Even when our heart's longings are not met with the answers we would choose for ourselves, God is faithful to replace doubt with truth, disappointment with gratitude."

I loved the sincerity of this.
We've all had the disappointments.
We've all had the hurts.
wonder

But, there's hope ahead.

rejoice

We've found our joy.

3 comments:

Jami Nato said...

love that you got a window! they are glorious.

Unknown said...

Love that window! Our whole apartment looked like your laundry room yesterday...it was cleaning day for me too!

Kristy said...

Ok, I'm SO Loving you!! That is SO something that I would do!! I think we will be great friends!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...