Here's to turning 27.
And datin' a younger man.
For two days that is.
Until he turns 27.
But, for now, he's a younger man.
This sounds much better than I'm an older woman.
Yes, in my opinion, I've reached the age where this is not nice to say.
So, for now, he's a younger man.
A younger man who treated me to Mexican dinin' with the ones who know me best.
After a day at the salon getting my hair did.
He sure knows the way to my heart.
Is it more through the pampering or the chips and salsa?
I'll never tell.
Oh, 27.
The wrinkles and lines.
The confidence and wisdom.
Knowin' I've got a ways to go.
So, feeling I'm like I'm 12.
Countin' down to 30.
Then a lifetime of a learnin' and a growin' after that.
Hmm.. more growin' up than growin' out, I hope.
And, I guess chips and salsa and strawberry cake don't so much help that ambition.
But, hey.
It's all in the name of celebratin' 27.








12 comments:
was that the strawberry cake?! my mom makes that very same cake for all of our birthdays...glorious! woo hoo! happy birthday al!
Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great day. Love the way Ellie is looking at you while you blow out the candles...so sweet!
Happy Birthday! Love those cake pictures.
What great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time and Happy Happy Happy birthday!
Looks like it was a fantastic celebration. Happy people and yummy cake, what more could you ask for. Happy 27.
Happy birthday! You are beautiful!
Hope you had a happy 27th! Your pictures are fab-o!
These are super cute pictures. Happy Birthday to you, looks like you had a fabulous day!
happy birthday! I'd love to be 27 again - enjoy it! Looks like a wonderful celebration.
Well- a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I sooo wish I could be 27 again! Loving that last shot- it's certainly frame worthy!
Happy Birthday! Great photos! Beautiful family.
Happy birthday!! What fun photos you have!! Your family is adorable!! Glad you had a special day!!!
Post a Comment