PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 10, 2013

Lessons


It started with a cooking lesson.
He made the trail mix and she made the sandwiches.
fieldtrip1
My little helpers were more than enthusiastic.
fieldtrip2
fieldtrip3
The little miss insisted on using a real picnic basket
fieldtrip4
to tote the yummies.
fieldtrip6
Then, packed up with extras of everything, 
fieldtrip7
we headed out 
fieldtrip9
to spend the day out here.
fieldtrip10
We called chickens
fieldtrip11
and named goats
fieldtrip12
all the while giggling at their antics.
fieldtrip13
My children have taught me so many lessons of love,
teaching me to slow down,
to pause to examine, to hesitate to wonder, how to hold on just to admire,
fieldtrip14
soaking up the new.
Like this,
Tristan's enthusiasm for this part of our field trip was unquenchable,
fieldtrip15
his expression gets me every time.
My cautious one, however, was a little more unsure of her feelings about the goats when they were on the same side of the fence.
fieldtrip16
Another lesson appreciated in motherhood,
watching the littles fulfill their own design from day one,
each one niched so perfectly with their own set of gifts to the world.
fieldtrip17
The explorers, the caretakers, the thinkers, the risk takers,
fieldtrip18
we have them all. 
fieldtrip19
Did I mention the ladies' men?
fieldtrip20
I have one of those too.
fieldtrip21
Anyway,
our day was wonderful,
lessons in butterfly chasing,
fieldtrip22
turtle watching 
and fish spotting,
fieldtrip23
with a good measure of baby toting
and a good dose of how-much-crap-can-we-lug-along-with-us.
fieldtrip25
Another day leaving me thankful for the lessons in friendship
fieldtrip24
and the everyday beautiful.
fieldtrip26

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I'm not sure when I started following your blog or if I have ever commented, but I think it's time since I've read the past few posts. Which btw, does everyone live in Kansas but me??? I just went to that farm from this post! And your dining room is lovely. And so clean. Which made me really jealous. Anyway, hi! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...