PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pop

My pop is my grandpa. He's always been 'pop' to me.
pop
I've written about him before. A few times actually. Even recently.
He's been the tractor driving, story writing, late night talkin', sleigh ride hill sledding patriarch my family has learned from and tried to live like.
He took butter in his oatmeal and drank coffee every morning.
He'd be the first to refill whatever your cup needed before you even knew the ice cubes were clinkin'.
Married 55 years.
Three children, fourteen grand-children, four great-grandchildren with four on the way.
Always the story teller in his years,
So much the listener in his later ones.
listener
He cherished life. He soaked it in with wisdom and patience and humility.
Wrote stories of family and lessons and life.
He was such a great, great man.
He joined the Heavenly Hosts on Saturday.
More suddenly than we ever imagined.
In an instant he was with the Lord.
Oh the stories he'll have written when I see him again.

4 comments:

bird and tree said...

I know exactly how you feel... a year ago tomorrow I lost my grandmother...I actually wrote about it today too on my blog... I am sorry for your loss, truly. Those special people that filled our lives for so long, leave such a huge space when they are no longer here.

Becca said...

Allison I was saddened to hear about your pop's death from my mom on Saturday. I have such fond memories of him from livin in Ethel. He truly was an amazing man who has left an admirable legacy. I known you and your family will miss him dearly. I will be praying for you this week, especially on Saturday!

Libby said...

So sorry to hear about your family's loss, Al!

Jolene: said...

Praying for you during this time of grief, but celebrating with you a rich heritage. Love.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...