PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Special

Here we are on Sunday night again, 
and I'm rolling my shoulder back and down, 
trying to remember the yoga mantras my special friend led us through last night.

See,
the busyness swept through our home again,
decorations, lights, grocery shopping, laundry, and girls' night out carried the days into evenings into now.
Photobucket
It started yesterday when I brought the special bins up from the cobwebs
Photobucket
and no sooner set them down before a baby's first Christmas ornament was shattered.
Photobucket
And pretty much from there the festivities did not go as I had dreamed, imagined, planned...
Photobucket
but either way
Photobucket
I got the munchkins to do their part
Photobucket
and once they started
Photobucket
they were on a special kind of roll.
Photobucket
Our tree is a little more Charlie Brown than glorious this year,
plastic and dusty, actually.
And,
really,
more clumped than symmetrical.
Photobucket
But it's ours.
Photobucket
And it's the way we do it.
Photobucket
And it's special.
Photobucket


--
And soon after,
I took a break,
gave my toes the attention they've needed for months.
Photobucket
I said it was simply because my preggo sister needed the company,
Photobucket
But I didn't mind.

--
And so we continued 
Photobucket
with the' evening...
Girls' night out was a yoga night in.
Annie cuddled up in the corner while we all downward dogged for awhile,
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
trying to burn off the calories Kali was feeding us later;
Photobucket
she's one of those girls that just does things right.
Photobucket
Everything glistens under her touch.
Photobucket
You kind of just feel special to know her.
Photobucket
We...okay, I...
stayed up way past my bedtime
Photobucket
and loved it.

--
So,
all to say,
I'm a little tired this evening,
it was a good weekend,
Photobucket
full and lovely
Photobucket
and special.

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...