
...What I'm loving Wednesday...
1. My planned attempt at a spankin' sweet desert. My over achieving friend brought me a bouquet of these cake pops after I had Tristan and not only were they all dyed blue with sparkles and arranged into a cute little tin, but she also had a newborn just two weeks before me. SO, I've gone to Target and Michaels and loaded up on cake mix, frosting, melting chocolate, food dye and sprinkles...but we shall see... There's actually quite a few recipes out there, but I believe I'm going to use this one...
Maybe I will convince a little miss to help me. We made cookies last week and it was the cutest. I divvied up the dry ingredients and wet ingredients ahead of time and put them in bowls so all she had to do was dump. I did break a few rules by letting her stand on a chair to reach the mixer, but it was worth it.


The drama was when cookie baking was over. That didn't go over so well. Like major-meltdown didn't go over so well.
Thus what I'm loving number two...
2. Parenting books. Yes, my blogger friends, we have reached the twos. I refuse to deem them the "terrible twos"...but. Without going into too much mommy detail, let me just share, they are upon us. It's such a gift to be learning about my little girl's needs and wants and interests and desires...and such an enormous responsibility to know that we are entering the stage of shaping. Shaping her self-discipline, shaping her understanding of love and consistency, shaping her appreciation (or lack thereof on somedays) for authority... We've started reading a few, mostly going old school with our thought process in the current moment with a huge respect for Dr. Dobson's Dare to Discipline book. This combined with some "Love and Logic" approaches I've learned in the classroom have made for some really interesting conversations with my hubby. Ones that make it necessary to pour a second glass of wine. How come nobody told us parenting was like this? Oh wait...they did.
3. What I'm loving number three are my sweet new shoes from my dear hubby.

Love him. He picked them out all on his own, animal print Sperry boat shoes. Loving them. We were lounging Saturday night when he all of a sudden jumped up and decided he needed a hot fudge Sundae from Sonic. After being gone for way too long, he called me to let me know, "They've run out of nuts so they're making me some more." Hm. Suspicious. Anyway, the shoes made up for it.
4. And speaking of parenting, what I'm loving number four has to do with the fact that we are "hiring" our six year old neighbor boy to take care of Pippy over a trip in the upcoming future. I'm so excited to be able to be his first "job". I'm typing up directions for him and going to the bank today to get some cash money. Sweet boy. I'm pretty sure my first job was with my sisters when we started a cookie baking business. We were for real! We had custom orders and everything! The Awesome A's, we called ourselves. And we put them in paper bags and decorated them with markers. Okay, maybe we thought we were for real, now that I'm thinking about it...I'm not really sure.
5. I'm loving the fact that I will be drawing for a winner of the giveaway tomorrow. I have my shipping envelope ready and everything! Free hardback books...coming someone's way...Click here to check it out.
So there, it is. My first WILW. There's so much more. But so little time. And dirty floors and dishes are calling me ever so sweetly to come take care of them while the babies slumber. Or, rather, while they are supposed to be slumbering. Big difference.




4 comments:
Preston loves to help bake and cook as well. His favorite part is washing the dishes in the sink. He definitely needs a lot of help, but he does a pretty good job! :)
love the new blog look! and i think you should buy lightroom...just for your family memories alone...it's worth it! great job on the heine photos too!
i thought these pics were edited with lightroom. just saying.
Love the new blog look! And the shoes!
Post a Comment