PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommyland...and the first giveaway...

I was officially inducted into mommyland on Friday. A precious friend visited and brought her two girls.
Ellie was especially giddy to see this one.

Photobucket

It was a blue sky, sweet breeze, huggy sunshine type day. And we wanted to picnic.

Photobucket

So they could do lots of this.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, we've already planned their best friend-hood.

But the giggle part of this story is that I was already babysitting my sweet niecie-poo, Addie.
So our porch looked like this all afternoon.

Photobucket
Oh my, was this picture a challenge to capture. The end of the day was spent cleaning up sidewalk chalk all over the deck, porch furniture, spilled sippy cups, cookie crumbs and strewn bubble wands.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, mommyland was quite the trip on Friday. I'm pretty sure Jolene and I actually exchanged maybe three words between pacie retrieving, bubble blowing and skinned knee kissing. It was beautiful. A perfect kickstart to a weekend celebrating motherhood. My hubby and I have some wonderful mothers in our own lives.
And each day that goes by, I'm in further awe of their silent sacrifice, their devout dedication, their lavish love for their children.

And, when taking pictures for these friends, I'm seeing it's just kinda what moms do.

Photobucket
Lingering with the littlest.

Photobucket
Kissing, tearful cheeks and giggling cheeks.

Photobucket
Knowing all the while that our own sweet babies are the most beautiful of all. And teaching this to them.

Photobucket
Yes, we've planned best friendhood for these two munchkins also.

Photobucket
Being the mother of this family is unbelievable.

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's more exhilarating than I could have anticipated.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yet, equally as puzzling, frustrating, an enigma of questioning, doubting and wondering.

Photobucket
And she's only two.

Photobucket
Teaching her to dream.

Photobucket
Teaching her to dance.

Photobucket
Teaching her to play.

Photobucket
Teaching her to care.

Photobucket
Teaching her to share.

Photobucket
And how in the heck do I get her to eat her vegetables?

Photobucket
Yet, I couldn't ask for more than this feeling.
Insert *sigh*, here.

Speaking of a *sigh*. Here it is. *Sigh*. Officially.
The. first. giveaway.

In honor of being a mutha, becoming a mutha or just lovin' your mutha.
And because in the midst of bein' a mutha, heck, just being a LADY, we need a little "me-time"...

Photobucket

A two-pack for an afternoon with a glass of wine. (or sparkling grape juice...you choose. I'll take a glass of wine. White Zin.)
Just you and a breeze and a girly read.

Two of my favorite authors. Two of my favorite books. Hardback, nonetheless.
One that'll make you think. One that's purely girly.
All you have to do is become a follower of this blog and leave a comment with what you enjoy doin' with your "me-time".

10 comments:

audrey said...

did you get lightroom? your photos are glorious!

Unknown said...

Seriously, these photos are so gorgeous! Please tell me what you use! I LOVE them!

And I'm not a mom, but I still love reading and those books look wonderful! I read Water for Elephants this weekend and loved it!

Tara said...

Gorgeous pictures, Allison! I enjoy shopping, getting a pedi, or a nice bubble bath with a good book whenever I have some "me time". :-)

alleneventdesigns said...

I already followed your blog...just hadn't actually signed up with it! I love seeing your beautiful family grow! Another book recommendation, since the movie just came out, Something Borrowed. Totally chick lit, but that's what I like. : )

Megan said...

Isn't motherhood a blast? You have such a lovely family! For "me time" I love to browse through Barnes and Noble with a chai tea latte.

Lauren said...

Allie-your pictures are amazing! I hope someday I can take pictures like that. And again, your family is beautiful:)

Amanda said...

Your pictures are really pretty! For my "me time" I like to sit down with a good book, or go for a walk through our neighborhood.

amanda.corley@ymail.com

The Frenchs said...

Thanks so much girls for the compliments! Chris and I both took these pictures with our canon rebel and then using lightroom to touch some up. We have a free trial right now but are hoping to maybe start taking more pictures for people as we both love it so much in which case we may buy it...

Libby said...

my favorite things to do during me time: go for a run, or a bubble bath with a good book. mmm...both of those are tempting me right now, actually!

kerrikoz said...

your pictures are the best
how old is your little boy?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...