Today little Ellie went to the nursery at church for the first time! This was our second time visiting a new church with our new baby and both times she's gotten a little noisy right about the time that the sermon starts. So this time when I took her out to walk around a little with her, we tried out the nursery as now that she's a big girl six-week old she can go! I think I was more nervous than I expected, but she was wonderful! She only ended up being in there for about ten minutes because I didn't even think about taking her in until about half-way through the service and once she was in there for a little bit she got hungry, but it was actually a real blessing and ministry to me to be able to walk in and see all these wonderful mommies and grammies taking care of little ones. It was such a sweet experience to look around and just feel the love and calm that these babies were surrounded with! Maybe I'm emotional or this mommy thing is getting to me, but I actually got a little choked up when I walked in and saw babies bouncing, swinging, smiling and being held. Not one of them even had a grumpy expression! I guess you just had to be there...
She also had her first long babysiting experience last night as Chris and I went on our first date since she's been in our lives! Grammie and Grandpa watched her and even took her to dinner as Chris and I got to go down to the plaze and have drinks and dinner together! My first sour apple martini in over nine months! So good! It was also prom night here in town so there was plenty of people-watching to do from the balcony of our favorite restaraunt.
Other than that, no big news here...life is beautiful and wonderful! Ellie continues to sleep wonderfully through the night; it's almost been a week now of her sleeping almost all the way through the night only waking once or twice to get soothed back to sleep. Such a treat!
I also got an email today from one of my students who put me on a distribution list to all of her classmates in our fifth grade class announcing that Ellie is 47 days old today. I personally haven't counted, but I think I thought that was pretty precious...I am going back to them for a couple of weeks in May, and I get the feeling they're pretty excited to see my pictures and hear the updates. I'm pretty blessed to have such caring and sweet students. It will be good to see them again!
And, can you tell this is our first child? I think these pjs are so cute (Thank you, Nana and Papa!) thus Ellie was subjected to yet another photo shoot.




No comments:
Post a Comment