It's 6:30 in the morning
I've got my creamed up coffee, hot and routine
the hubs is gone for his workout
I peeled myself off the sheets this morning looking forward to time for reading, writing, some news-watching,
it's the few minutes of darkened quiet I get each day
but it's far from quiet already today.
The two oldest munchkins are making noises in their bedroom.
And I don't just mean little noises,
it's a serious ruckus.
They do this every morning,
screeching, squealing, giggling, bouncing,
really anything as long as it's silly and absurd.
And loud.
I can't help but sigh at their level of energy this early in the morning
but, really, it's probably where most of their childhood memories will be rooted.
And I think I just heard someone fall out of bed.
It's a wild, noisy, unpredictable, exhausting, confusing, frustrating journey
this parenting thing
we're in the middle of.
But, oh, I couldn't be more blessed, more thankful, more humbled
to be in the hairy thick of it.
















1 comment:
Beautiful. I need you to come give me lessons on how I can take photos like this! I try but I'm just not cutting it!
Post a Comment