And just
like that,
a miracle happened in the dark
of our morning hours.
My sister shone and
my niece arrived
and their family becomes four.
See,
my family has seen eight babies born in the last five years,
going on nine any day now,
When my niecie-twins were born and watching their care
each time I've introduced my children to their newest baby,
awaiting our daughter,
I find myself in utter awe of the intricate beauty,
and my heart finds refreshment in the reverence.
I never want to let go of the divine pause a birth brings.
And so,
while thunder rumbled
and with illuminating flashes,
while rain washed and streams ran,
Audra Grace
with full cheeks and long fingers and dark hair and a thumb she sucks already,
her heart,
her soul,
her strength,
her life,
was handed gently to the world.
A quiet reminder of unmatched miracles,
a fulfillment of divine promise,
through tender tears of pain and longing and sacrifice
labored for,
she arrived and
is
everything good and perfect
and loved.






































No comments:
Post a Comment