First of all, I'm beyond blessed to have an amazingly talented group of friends.
When I told my sweet friend Jenny about my idea for El and T's combined birthday party,
she and Jenn from The Lovely Apple whipped up this amazing set for me
and, really, made a very simple little lunch
suddenly everything wonderful.
That combined with my dear friend Elizabeth from Love, Elizabeth Photo
offering to pick up the camera for me
so I could keep both hands free for
pepperoni distributing
and wrangling of a kitchen full of underage chefs,
plus my middle sis scrubbing down the floor on her hands and knees between activities,
one friend on broom patrol in front of her frantically sweeping between knee high munchkins,
another moving chairs, zip locking leftovers while simultaneously baby-passing
and keeping tabs on her crew of four under four,
and my other sis manning the oven for the pizza rotations... (although we still somehow managed to totally blacken burn the crusts…)
It was quite the group effort.
But it paid off in cheesy grins
greasy fingers,
saucy messes,
and an overall memory filled morning.
Just what I was hoping for
for my little March babies.
Although
with my oldest now reporting in at five years old,
I'm not sure I can get away with calling her a baby any more.
And the middlest getting close to three?
He's practically a man.
This growing up thing just won't stop.
And I'm gonna choose to embrace it.
Soak up the sweetness.
And make the memories right alongside them.
Even
when they're
messy.









































1 comment:
OK.... that's about the best thing I have ever seen...you are amazing and beautiful and must come decorate my house and plan my children's birthday parties please!
Post a Comment