We took a little time away this past week.

A chance to explore new sands and

appreciate the old comfort
of us.

I read two books when I can't remember the last time I even finished one...


A chance to explore new sands and

appreciate the old comfort
of us.

I read two books when I can't remember the last time I even finished one...

And these years have included a lot.

I've shared bits of our story before...
We haven't been through it all,

yet.

However, we've seen a lot,
and
I'm realizing with each anniversary,
each new triumph we celebrate, each sadness we comfort, each adventure we conquer
growing up isn't an option,

but growing together is.

It's not an easy task to safe safekeep the softness, the sacred of a marriage.

And as those who pioneer this marriage thing years, decades ahead of me would probably agree,
I'm guessing difficult really doesn't even begin to describe it.

Somewhere along the way between finding the white dress and plucking the white hairs,

life happens,

the urgent presses,

the unforeseen sweeps in.

And sometimes suddenly, but usually subtly, the successes, celebrations of "we" aren't nearly as thrilling.

(The way my hubs travels versus the way I travel.)

(This restaurant counts down to sunset every night. Every. Night.
Marketing ploy? Probably.
Reminder to cherish the beauty every day. Yup.)
But,
I'm reminded by the marriage examples set by our parents, our grandparents, other amazing twos paving ten, twenty-two, thirty-three, thirty-five, fifty years as one

somedays are going to be less glorious than others
we're going to face the valleys,
we're going to hurt and be hurt,
and there are going to be lows I didn't know existed,
but,
how beautiful it is to love and be loved through choosing love

choosing to forgive,
to hold hands,
to listen,
to ignore the small nuisances and celebrate the small successes

together

as one.
***
Instagram pics...

Wanna find me? My username is allisoncorrin


I've shared bits of our story before...
We haven't been through it all,

yet.

However, we've seen a lot,
and
I'm realizing with each anniversary,
each new triumph we celebrate, each sadness we comfort, each adventure we conquer
growing up isn't an option,

but growing together is.

It's not an easy task to safe safekeep the softness, the sacred of a marriage.

And as those who pioneer this marriage thing years, decades ahead of me would probably agree,
I'm guessing difficult really doesn't even begin to describe it.

Somewhere along the way between finding the white dress and plucking the white hairs,

life happens,

the urgent presses,

the unforeseen sweeps in.

And sometimes suddenly, but usually subtly, the successes, celebrations of "we" aren't nearly as thrilling.

(The way my hubs travels versus the way I travel.)

(This restaurant counts down to sunset every night. Every. Night.
Marketing ploy? Probably.
Reminder to cherish the beauty every day. Yup.)
But,
I'm reminded by the marriage examples set by our parents, our grandparents, other amazing twos paving ten, twenty-two, thirty-three, thirty-five, fifty years as one

somedays are going to be less glorious than others
we're going to face the valleys,
we're going to hurt and be hurt,
and there are going to be lows I didn't know existed,
but,
how beautiful it is to love and be loved through choosing love

choosing to forgive,
to hold hands,
to listen,
to ignore the small nuisances and celebrate the small successes

together

as one.
***
Instagram pics...

Wanna find me? My username is allisoncorrin







1 comment:
I pretty much love this. The honesty of "Choosing Love"- cause that is what marriage truly is. So glad you got a retreat for you two!
Post a Comment