
Spent a little time with him yesterday.
Love him.
And Ellie played copycat.
Love her.
When that grew old, she played outside in her coupe car.
Actually, there wasn't as much playing as this little one preferred just to sit in it.
Just sit.
In quiet.
Not moving.
Just breathing.
By herself.
Just thinking.
Happily thinking.
And it made me think.
Too often, I have my reasons, my realities, my world.
I have priorities and possibilities and promises.
My deadlines, my despairs, my dread.
The commitments, the chaos, they sweep me up so swiftly, threatening to overwhelm me in a swirling state of hopelessness.
It's time for me to stop.
To remember my Rock, my rest.
To choose Peace.
A serene sense of secure calm. A choice of trust and surrender.
Knowing that even He rested.
On day seven.
He built margin in.
Not a back-to-back series of events, miracles, outstanding feats.
He valued a pause.
He could have made more. He could have continued.
But He paused.
He speaks in the stillness, the quiet.
He brings joy.
And this is what I'm loving today.









9 comments:
you have a beautiful family! my last name is french too. small world.
Such a great post and reminder. Cute, cute babes. :)
Such a sweet post! Thank you so much for sharing!
thank you. how i needed to hear these words today. thank you for linking up. xoxo.
Great list today! Happy Wednesday!
Such a sweet post, all the pictures are PRECIOUS!!
I love the "copy cat"!! So precious :)
{I have a giveaway going on until Friday... love to see you there! amyrenepowell.com}
Beautiful pictures and wonderful post
Your family is SO gorgeous! And, you have such a beautiful eye for photography! You definitely have a lot of awesome things to be lovin'!
Post a Comment