PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Library Date

So when school was cancelled up again on Tuesday, the first thing that I decided was that I was taking little Ellie to the library up the street.

Photobucket

The library was my escape growing up. Pretty sure I went there daily.

Photobucket

I even knew the librarian by name...Susan.

Photobucket

Pretty sure I wanted to work at the library.

Photobucket

To walk through the aisles knowing each book was something new, something I didn't know yet...see, I had a funny thing for learning new things. Like in a wierd way. My mom had a set of 1976 encyclopedias, one for each letter of the alphabet. Except for X-Y-Z, they were combined. But, anyway, each day during our daily "quiet time" where mom could know there would be no questions, no talking, no fighting, just each of us girls on our own blanket with a set of quiet toys and books for a set amount of time, I chose the encyclopedias to hoard at my blanket. In first grade. I ate them up! When I finished those, I read the dictionary. Seriously. I was that kid. My interests have somewhat deteriorated since then; one of my favorites these days is wikipedia, but still...

But, see the problem with the library these days is that they have toys! Books lasted for a very short time before it was just play time...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'll work on getting El into the encyclopedias another day...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...