PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthdays

The day to be the star of the show. Sometimes when I slow down between running copies or dashing between pick-up and drop-off of my students, I see the kinderbabies at school proudly parading in their own special way with the Birthday crown teetering on each one of the precious heads and I think about how special we all used to feel. I have to admit with a middle August birthday, I was always so disappointed when my special day collided with the first day of school, or more tragic yet, fell just a bit too early to be serenaded by my classmates....Birthdays. In my house, the day was started with my dear mama assigning the chore of making the birthday girl's bed to a fellow sister. That was the best. And the trip downstairs to breakfast? I couldn't make it downstairs fast enough just to make sure this was hanging, just like it did every year, for every birthday star.

Photobucket

We hang it still for birthday parties. Like for my dad who must have requested chocolate cake for his special day.

Photobucket

Another tradition, requesting one's own birthday treat. And it centered on the kitchen table. With birthday cards framing the cake.

As far as what tradition this picture honors?

Photobucket

Not one. Just lovin' the fact that my dad ordered cowboy boots for his birthday and they now both say they were my mom's gift to him.

And this picture?

Photobucket

Well, I guess, this reminds me of how much joy birthdays bring? Or maybe just me embracing a proud mama moment showin' off my little El-belle with her Auntie Annie.

And this picture?

Photobucket

Just love these guys. Especially the really cute one in the middle.

Oh, birthdays. We also got to celebrate my sweet friend Kelli's bundle of joy this weekend.

Photobucket
Dear Brookelyn, we love you.

Photobucket
Chris got to carry all the fun stuff.

Photobucket
Gorgeous.

Photobucket
Sweet one year-old baby, gettin' her present time on.

Photobucket
I'll take a pair of those...for me! Love my friend Kelli, by the way. My fellow blog-reading, grading-date, girly-book-worm, teacher-mommy friend.

Photobucket
And daddy Joe. Gettin' into the birthday thing. That's a priceless look of love on this man's face, in case you were wondering.

Photobucket
But I think Brooke looks better in pink. And bows.

And speaking of sweet...
Photobucket
No idea how they were THIS beautiful AND scrumptious!

Photobucket
The classic birthday cake smash.

Photobucket
We tried a picture of all of us...Kelli and I were down for it...the little ones didn't get the memo...

Walking back to the car to go home after the bash, well, walking with Ellie takes a little more time these days...

Photobucket

You see, she just loves acorns.

Photobucket

But I love her...so it works.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And he loves her too...it kind of shows.

And her?

Photobucket

Well...she just loves life. As she should.
Birthdays. Just one more way to remember just how loved we are...

"Teach me to number my days, O Lord, that I may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

2 comments:

Jami Nato said...

you can't even tell you're preggars...skinny minny!

audrey said...

i agree with james...you are so skinny! i love your family. such sweet souls. put that phrase on a t-shirt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...