PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Everyday moments with Ellie...




Nothing too exciting around the French home these days...just enjoying life and snuggling together! Recent developments:
1. As I'm sure you're all wondering, the first picture is of my hilarious husband in a child's lion costume. One of our hopes is to finish our basement someday and one use would be for a play room. My thought is that I would love to have a collection of costumes and dress up clothes to inspire the imagination and creativity of our children...or my husband. He found a costume that I picked up at a garage sale just too irresistible. Although he found himself stuck for a moment or two once he got it on, I had to get a picture.
2. Ellie's the biggest fan of her silkie teddie blanket as the picture above shows.
3. Rolling is also still her number one form of transportation. She can make it all the way across the room when she's interested in something.
4. She's also starting to have quite the inflection in her voice! It's been really cute to listen to her "ask questions" of daddy and mommy with her voice.
5. She's continuing to have the stranger danger every now and again....It's really funny how quiet and still she gets in new situations.
6. Our little girl is actually quite a big girl! We had to transition out of the travel system carrier and into a convertible car seat! This means she'll be sitting in the high chairs and shopping carts now too!
7. I'm just starting to try to interest Ellie in table food, she much prefers her bottles over anything else, but the verdict regarding Gerber sweet potato puffs is still up in the air... Speaking of eating habits, if anyone has any suggestions for constipated babies, Ellie would be embarrassed if she knew I was asking but...poor thing...she could use some help. After doing some reading today, I'm going to cut out the rice cereal, applesauce and bananas for awhile and load up on the prunes, peas and water.

2 comments:

Em said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to view your blog!! I really wanted to keep up with your sweet family! Not sure how you feel about diluted apple juice, but it helps James stay pretty regular and keeps him from getting to constipated. Just wait til she starts eating cheerios!! You'll have to find something that works by that time! :)

If you don't already have it, I loved the book Super Baby Foods, which had a great month-by-month list of age appropriate foods to introduce...

Can't believe how big she's gotten! Sitting up like such a big girl!!!

Natalia said...

Hey there! Thanks for inviting me to the blog as well. I was just talking to Chris yesterday regarding his upcoming internation trip at work and was asking how you and little Ellie were doing. So nice to see the pics and updates again :)

I know we have never formally met, but feel like we have through your parents, mine and working with Chris. I'm glad to see all is well! Take care!

Kind Regards,
Natalia Smith-Kreinbring

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...