PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More introductions...

The first of many wonderful spring weather weekends blessed us on Saturday and Sunday...and with it came important introductions for Ellie! Her Nana and Papa came to visit Thursday evening through Sunday and spent many quiet hours just rocking her. Papa even has started teaching her the alphabet, math facts, and the Gettysburg Address. Now if he could only pass on the skill of filing our taxes for us... We even got to enjoy a quick outing to Target, Blockbuster, and Pizza Hut to pick up a pizza! It truly is the little things in life...
Then, Sunday we celebrated Ellie's Great-Uncle Donnie's birthday and dear friend, Debbie's visit with a grill-out! By the end of the day little Ellie was very worn out so Chris and I rewarded her patience and lovely nature with a long walk around our neighborhood. It was actually the first time that we've gotten to walk our neighborhood since we've moved in! She LOVES her sling that I wore her in, about two minutes of walking and she saws some serious logs! Any new mommies definitely should check out www.heavenlybundle.com.
She is really a tremendous sleeper - most nights she sleeps about 3 to 3 1/2 hour stretches between feedings and then 1 1/2 to 2 hours stretches during the day. At this point in her life, she's not quite an early bird, but loves late-mornings as her most awake time. She's spending closer to two hours awake at a time maybe once or twice a day. I'm reading a book titled, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and it advises to soothe an infant to sleep after one to two hours of wakefulness so we're trying really hard to abide by these tidbits of wisdom. It also encourages us to let her sleep as much as she will during the day as sleep begats sleep. Completely opposite of what we would think, but it really seems to work!
Chris and I both feel so blessed and in awe every day to be her parents. The other day Chris asked me, "Is it bad to say she's growing on me?" No. I feel the same way. Each day she grows on us both, wrapping us tighter and tighter around her little finger!

Daddy, Papa and Great Uncle Donnie with Ellie

...The grill master...

...Enjoying the beautiful weather...

2 comments:

Em said...

What a sweet video! I'm glad you're reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It helped me SO MUCH! I only wish I'd discovered it before my little guy was 3 months old!

angie c said...

ACK! That video makes me want another!! (not gonna happen, but oh how I love that sweet teenytiny phase!). She's so sweet you guys...!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...