PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Training

Well, spring break apparently means regular blogging. Because I'm back. In full force. Including first glimpses of baby boy's room. Now, the walls are pretty bare, so glimpses is the key word.

Photobucket
Blue is where it's at.

Photobucket
A matching puppy dog for Ellie's giant cuddle duck.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And what I'm so excited to dress him in.
Photobucket

Photobucket
He's gonna be a handsome little booger.

Photobucket
And his sister is gonna love him.

Photobucket
Speaking of big sister, genius parenting strategy of the week that I'm utilizing is teaching "quiet time" on the couch, or blanket, or chair, or designated spot.

Photobucket
Now...one has to understand, these cheesy grins were not the majority of what I experienced while training this little missy today. No...no...no... We started with 5 minutes. And, not gonna lie. She was as mad as a hornet. BUT, she knew exactly what I meant when I said, "Stay on the couch, mommy needs to be busy for a little bit." And then after five minutes, I went and read her a book and praised her.

Photobucket
And later today, we tried 10 minutes. And, no joke, it was 10 minutes of peace and quiet and lovely reading time for my little angel! Quick learner!

Photobucket
And then this mommy pressed her luck and before dinner went for 15 minutes. And we were back to 15 minutes of pure torture for a wriggly toddler. However, I'm really excited because not only does this give me motivation for more training and practicing before baby, but shows me how responsive little ones can be if taught early enough...and if their mommies invest in ear plugs in the meantime.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm not gonna lie...I spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out the name on the 'little brother shirt'. :) I have a guess. I'm excited to see if I'm right!

Katie said...

What a great nursery for your little boy! Love the shirts. Etsy?

Unknown said...

So I'm like a super blog stalker...and I love all the stuff for your boy's room! I love boy stuff...mostly cuz I'm obsessed with sweet little George. But that room looks great! And Ellie is so cute, she will be a great big sis!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your upcoming little guy... where did you get that adorable alphabet picture? A friend saw it and fell in love... so darling!

The Frenchs said...

Etsy for the shirts...totally target for the picture!

Kaitlin said...

This comment may appear three different times becuase I can't figure out my computer right now. But I just love that you are training your cute little Ellie the Two Sisters' Read to Self already!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...