PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Little Sister Is Having a Little One.

My little sister is Annie. We've been the best of friends, I laid in bed waiting for her while she sneaked out of the house in the middle of the night once only to be caught outside when the door locked behind her. A very few times the worst of enemies, mostly when we were roomates. We've had many, many double-dates, the best of which happen now with our dear hubbies.

Photobucket

This is Annie. When she was little, but big enough to rhyme, she used to sing a song that epitomizes her outlook on life. "Annie's great...she likes to eat chocolate cake." And this is Annie. She loves to laugh, she loves to love, she loves to live.

Photobucket
I actually think little Ellie looks a lot like Annie.

But this past weekened was Annie's baby shower. Yes, my little sister is going to be a mommy. And given her absolute obsession with my own daughter, I'd say she's going to make one of the smushiest mommys ever. Side note - most of these pictures, the best ones, anyway, were taken by dear friend, Audrey, while I wrangled the toddling terror otherwise known as my precious Ellie. In fact, we weren't there fifteen minutes before she shattered a goblet in the middle of the table. There was just so much to be excited about!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So many hugs, so many giggles, so much for Ellie to touch/knock over/shatter.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh there is so much she has to look forward to!

Photobucket

Photobucket

But if one gets bored with pictures, it might be fun to count how many pairs of boots were at the shower. It's actually quite amusing. Thankfully I must have gotten the memo because, yes, I did wear mine also.

Photobucket
See what I mean?

Photobucket
Plus, counting boots distracts from counting calories. Heaven knows I did not do that Saturday morning.

Photobucket
This is my dear Annie practicing mommyhood with her childhood friend Riley's baby, Michael.

Photobucket
And by childhood friend, I mean, like, their moms were in LaMaze class together pregnant with the two girls. And Annie's favorite thing in the world for years was to ride Riley's horsies.

Photobucket
Yup, all these ladies were in LaMaze class. And now they are all grandmas together...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes, it's time for Annie to be a mommy herself. So we had to get her ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
While Ellie did this.

Photobucket

Photobucket
By the way...more boots.

Photobucket
And my baby sister, Andrea.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Annie says when she gets really anxious for her little snuggle bug, she'll just go in her baby's room and lay out clothes. I don't blame her.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh, Annie, it won't be long until you have one of these. Except wearing pink.

2 comments:

audrey said...

i hope that when you looked at all the pictures i took you weren't mortified at my lack of skill. what a cute post. i can't wait to meet this pretty little girl!

The Frenchs said...

Except that I LOVED your pictures! Just wish I had the patience to edit them...and the cool factor to make them look as awesome as they deserved to! Love you girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...