PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This Pink Ballerina

I just spent a little while reading two sister blogger friends and their most recent post over their sweet treat day. And it made me smile because I can totally relate to their lack of trick-or-treating growing up, their commitment to avoiding celebrating goblins and gore, but their total lack of ability to resist dressing their own children up.

Photobucket
I'm there.

You see, the moment I found out my little girl was in fact a little girl, I made a pact with myself that she would wear nothing but pink dresses and frilly skirts for all of her days, or at least all of the days that I had sole control over her apparel. Well, about day three of this little nugget's life on this planet, I realized this wasn't really practical or, at times, as adorable as a sweet pair of skinny jeans, soft hoodies and/or a tiny little t-shirt.

However, when it comes to dressing this little girl in pink...that pact has stayed pretty true.

Photobucket

And this proud daddy doesn't seem to mind too much...
Photobucket

So last year, you may remember, she was a perfect little lamb, complete with a pink gingham bow. This year, I searched high and low for the girliest little costume a momma could find. Voila. And we loved this little girl as a pink ballerina so much that we couldn't even wait for dusk to begin the photo shoot but spent our Sunday afternoon "fake trick-or-treating", sending her down the block, (although it took a little coaching for her to figure out that's what her crazy momma and daddy wanted...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

But anyway, back to my story, once she realized that the candy strewn down the sidewalk was meant as a bribe for her to trot her pink tootsies up and down while we hollered her name waiting for just the right moment to snap our camera at her and then applaud her cuteness, she was more than happy to oblige.

Photobucket

And if I were a real photographer, I would photoshop that incredibly annoying blue minivan right out of this otherwise adorable photo. Something about her above reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood, except in pink.

As I write this now, little brother is squirming quite busily in my tummy as if to remind me not to forget about him. Cue baby bump documentation.

Photobucket
Loving the fact that tomorrow is 20 weeks. Halfway through.

And back to my borrowed phrase, "sweet treats day". And this little pink ballerina.

So after our fake trick-or-treating, we celebrated a little more like my own upbringing by going up to our church's family festival.

Photobucket

Need I explain how disappointed my husband was when he found out that only little kids were allowed on the shark slide? So disappointed. Like seriously, so disappointed.

Photobucket

Look at that thing! I'm thinking it's a good thing we're having a little boy for him to live vicariously through.

And the wind was a little strong outside, so inside they had a little more tame play things for little ones more Ellie's size.

Photobucket

Ellie sat and watched for awhile.

Photobucket

She seriously probably would have sat there all evening.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But these anxious parents got bored, so we whisked her away to face painting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Which she was surprisingly tolerant of! Especially seeing as it was truly just a sneaky manuever to get some more pink added to her get-up.

Photobucket

But she must have felt pretty, because for the rest of the evening she was Miss Independent. Those ballerina legs were movin' and groovin' all over that place, exploring one sight, and then on to the next. All with that orange pumpkin couldn't be tighter in that fist.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovin' this pink ballerina concentration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovin' this pink ballerina.

But, I think we tuckered her out by the end...plenty of cuddles for daddy at the end. Like I said, I don't think he minds the pink too terribly much.

Photobucket

2 comments:

audrey said...

thanks for the shout out! i love that little ballerina. and may i say that you look amazing...with and without a fetus inside you. seriously, you're hot!

Jami Nato said...

that is not a baby bump! you are so tiny...

i love that you celebrate "sweet treats day" as well. welcome to the very exclusive club. ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...