My Grandma Berigan passed away yesterday.
Truly a lady of class, a lady of graciousness more than most ever know in their lifetime.
the hotdogs on Wednesdays that no one else could master like she could,
the Lays potato chips she'd always have plenty of,
the collection of every Disney movie imagineable, specifically Mary Poppins reruns,
Barbie dolls with every latest finery,
the jars and jars of candy arranged perfectly on a well-stocked drink counter,
the "eight" dolls that we got when we turned eight...only Grandma would recognize an otherwise insignificant age in a way that made is ever so significant,
the date that every grandchild got one special time spending the day with Grandma and got to invite just one special best friend to join us, I took a childhood friend, Joanna,
trips to the dime store,
the intensity when listening to anyone's story, she was always in the "know",
her beautiful bird crafts downstairs,
the times where she'd have a "show" at her house, getting to tour her wreaths, birdhouses and decorations afterwards,
the plastic Santa in her front hall, there every Christmas,
telling me when I was little if when I went away to college and if I ever ran out of money, she would loan me what I needed so to just come to her,
her beautiful, pristine dining room,
the back bedroom filled with extra gifts for the giving,
mysterious money always hidden in her white elephant gifts,
the birthday cards that always arrived at least three weeks early,
the way it so concerned her to have polish missing from only one finger even in her last days blessing us on this earth,
Grandma Berigan,
now she entertains the angels.




3 comments:
That was a sweet memory post. I feel like I know her now. I loved it. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful memories of your grandma. What a special way to remember and honor her. So sorry for your family's loss.
So sorry you're having to suffer this loss, but what a beautiful way to honor her memory.
Post a Comment