PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 16, 2009

Counting down...

No pics this time...Just an update after one final sonagram today...The doctor thought last week that our little girl was measuring a little on the small end and asked us to come back in for a sonagram as a part of our weekly appointments. And, man, does she look good! :) The technician approximated that she weighs about 6 pounds, 8 ounces and we're still on track for March 8th if not a little after as she is a little short for her due date. But she was "practicing" her breathing and her heartbeat was strong...so the wait continues. Although we're still 3 weeks out even from our due date, it feels like the day should have already been here and passed. The baby's room is completely ready for our little one; pictures should be coming soon...Walls painted, crib set up, clothes washed, diapers stocked, pillows poofed...just waiting for the main addition. My sister reminded me today to count these weeks as a blessing as the last weeks it will be just the two of us. Hard to remember when patience isn't exactly Chris and my number one strength...And, I'm so very thankful for my job. What a wonderful place to spend my days while I wait for a little one of my own. My principal doesn't even mind that I broke out the leopard print slippers to trek around the classroom in as my feet don't exactly fit in my shoes very well any more. And Jazzercise is more of a token hour out of routine than a real workout, but again, I lift my weights, bounce my heels, and call it a good hour of exercise! Hey! Lugging this extra weight around all day counts for something doesn't it??!! Chris is putting up with these pregnancy hormones pretty well too; the other day the sight of a thirsty koala bear and featherless cockatoo from the Australian wildfires sent me into sobs...a good excuse really to just cry when I felt like it, but he bit the bullet and comforted me anyway...What a hubby! He'll be an amazing daddy.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

I keep checking to see if she is here yet! I hope I am working when you are at St. Jo. It would be great to see you and meet baby girl French! :)
Love you,
michaela

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...